- Identify something simple (simple does not equal easy) that I don't want to do but will feel good having made progress on. Dishes is a good one for me. Laundry is another.
- Identify the smallest thing that constitutes progress. Washing one dish, putting away one piece of clothing.
- Focus on the fact that doing that smallest thing represents progress. If I get more done, great! If not, I made progress when feeling overwhelmed.
- Go do that smallest thing. Chances are more will get done since starting is the hardest part. If not, I don't beat myself up. I made progress and the next progress will be easier.
- It doesn't always work and that's okay too. When getting started is the hardest part, trying is a small amount of success which fuels further success.
Monday, September 4, 2017
My only reliable strategy for fighting acute depression:
Friday, January 27, 2017
$ vault statusThere was this issue suggesting it was a problem with the storage backend. In my case it was having HTTP_PROXY set in the environment and the proxy won't allow the connection. unset HTTP_PROXY fixed the issue.
Error checking seal status: Get https://vault.internal-domain:8200/v1/sys/seal-status: Forbidden
Thursday, January 5, 2017
Trying to install golang 1.7.4 on Mac OS X I got the following error:
SecurityAgent may only be invoked by Apple software.Reboot.